Last week two very good friends of mine had birthdays. I wanted to make cards for them that I felt would appeal to each of them, therefore I was not about to make the same card. They are very different people.
This first one, I made using a blue standard size card. The whisper white cardstock was cut to 3" by 4". I then used a stamp from A Round Array (Stampin' Up, AC p. 126). I used ink - Old Olive, Early Espresso, and Marina Mist. The ribbons were made with paper from last year. I stamped and punched out three of the stamps and used dimensions to lift them from card and used an old (1997) Stampin' Up sentiment.
Cheers!, from the Happy Hour stamp set (AC, p. 36). I began with a Whisper White card, cut printed paper to 4 1/2 by 3 1/2 and white to 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 (appx. size). I stamped the sentiment in raspberry ripple, along with one of the glasses, the other glasses are in pink pirouette. I cut these out and used the dimensions to have them pop. Below where I wanted to stick them, I used old olive, midnight muse and pumpkin pie for the olive, umbrella, straw and orange slice. Once it was done, I thought it needed a little something extra, so I stuck some gems on that I already had. (honestly, I got a smear of ink on the paper and had to cover it up, but the other story sounded better, haha)
Please leave a comment, let me know what you think, and share your creations. Just have fun, you can cut the paper different sizes, layer differently and use different colors or stamps...remember to play and enjoy it.


No comments:
Post a Comment